Monday, May 14, 2012

It's okay to be a "different" blogger

I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a little on the weird side. I'm all over the map with my emotions and I tend to get cray. What can I say? That's who I am.

Today, I had a little extra time in the morning so I thought I would check on my friend's blogs, and even surf some that I haven't seen before. Instead of making me happy, like it normally does, it made me sad.

I got sad looking at everyone else. I felt like my blog was not good enough... compared to theirs.

Let me just say, WHO CARES? There is not an emperor of the blogosphere that says, "Kylee's blog is the worst blog compared to blogA, blogB, and BlogC. No one read it, ever!"
(I know you're hearing the emperor's voice, don't lie.)

I'm just saying that no matter what you write about, no matter how weird you may be, no matter what the friggin' emperor of blogging in your mind says about your blog, BLOG ANYWAYS! You can be exactly who you are. In my case that's a weirdo, neurotic, curly headed, mess of a woman, that knows only one thing for sure.

--In the long run, is it really worth caring about someone else's blog being better than yours?--

(Chances are there are some blogs that make them feel like crap too)
Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Nicole Pyles said...

Sooooo true! Comparing is the worst thing to do! Although I have done just what you did and yes it's so tormenting...ugh!

Caroline Gant said...

i do the same thing! but its ok. i think your blog is great! atleast you blog ALOT more then i do.