Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Week in Review Of NOT smoking.


So 9 days ago, I quit smoking. I thought I would write out how the first week went. 
I'm not going to lie though, this has been waaaaaay easier than I thought. I honestly couldn't have done this without prayer and the grace of God. 

Day One:
This was by far the hardest day. I kept thinking, "I don't have to do this today. I could start tomorrow", which made me want a cigarette the whole day. I also about beat a woman up at Ross for being rude to a cashier. 

Day Two:
I realized today that since a lot of my friends are smokers, it's hard to be around them. I bought an electronic cigarette on an impulse and used it for the better part of the evening. 

Day Three: 
I really started to feel "released" today. Every time I had a serious craving, I prayed. AND IT WORKED! God took the craving away. 

Day Four: 
After doing more research on the electronic cigarette, I stopped using it. The whole point to not smoking was to be released from addiction. I started to feel the physical repercussions of quitting today. I think I got some form of cold. Oh, and sleep was pretty unusual too, (weird dreams). 

Day Five: 
I was sick today. Cough and sinus crap. I'm sure it was because of not smoking. At this point I stopped having serious cravings. I had one craving today and it only lasted for about 2-3 minutes. 

Day Six: 
I really think quitting has been too easy. But we had the opportunity to go to a bar, and we declined. I was not quite ready to be around it all. 

Day Seven: 
It's so nice to reach a milestone. I'm beginning to feel better physically. It's a little hard to concentrate, but I think that has something to do with how lazy I've been. I can smell better, taste things, and overall feel way better about myself. It's nice to not stink all the time. 

God is sooo good. I couldn't have done this alone. 



12 comments:

Naomi said...

That's so great, praise God! Praying you can keep with it, just keep relying on God for it, and not on your own strength - which it sounds like you're doing an awesome job of!

Meg {henninglove} said...

this is so so awesome you are quitting kylee!! use god and prayer and He will help you quit for good, you can do it girlie!!

Kourtney said...

I didn't know this. But praise God it's going well! Keep with it.

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

This is great! WAY TO GO!!

10 Facts of Life said...

Good stuff.

Kylie said...

Prouda you! My husband & I quit too & we are on day 4.. I have found it pretty easy but I only smoked a couple a day. My husband hasn't lit up but he has used chewing tobacco... Still so proud of him because he was a very heavy smoker.

Hooray for healthier lungs!

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Way to go! I don't know you and I'm still proud of you. I've never smoked so I don't know what it's like to try to quit, but I have my share of things I'd like to change...I need to remember to take advantage of that help from above!

Ashley said...

SO PROUD OF YOU!! :0) Thanks for being so awesome!

Alyx said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations on starting to quit! I've heard it's super hard, and you are doing so well!

Jamie said...

awesome! :) congrats! keep it up! remember, only takes 21 days to kick a habit. ;)

Jill said...

Yay! Good job Kylee. Keep it up!!! I'm proud of you!!!

Liesl said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! :) :) :)

Liesl :)