Tuesday, January 31, 2012

5 Blogging Tips.

When I first started blogging about 6 months ago, I was wandering the blogosphere with absolutely NO direction. 
I was overwhelmed. 
source




There are a million and a half links that could help with navigating the blogosphere, but I really only remember reading one. 


This post, by Elsie Larson at A Beautiful Mess, changed my world! 


In this post she has 5 tips for Bloggers. 
 1) Create a blog YOU would enjoy reading. 
 2) Develop regular features that are fun to write. 
 3) Your Blog is NOT your best friend.
 4) Make Friends. 
 5) Trust your instincts. 


1) Create a blog YOU would enjoy reading. 
In my case, I created a blog that was about my life because I figured I would be the only one who read it! haha. Eventually, I plan on getting into more of a niche blogosphere, but at the moment I don't care. I just want to write what I want to write. Sue me! 


2) Develop regular features that are fun to write. 
Here are some regular features I LOVE to read, they're so so fun. 
     • The Paper Mama's "Photo Challenge" 
     • Coupon Closet's "Weekly Store Deals" 
     • Casey Wiegand's "What I Wear"


3) Your Blog is NOT your best friend. 
I don't know if I agree with her completely. She says that your blog is NOT the place you should go and vent your problems. I have a problem with this because I feel like you should write what's on your heart. But then again she's Elsie Larson, and she is awesome, so you might want to listen to her. :P


4) Make Friends. 
Yes, this is the best. The mom blogosphere is FULL of supportive women who are kind and encouraging. Make an effort to be kind to another blogger today. SERIOUSLY!


5) Trust Your Instincts.
This is true in most things in life. But really if you are put into a position whether it be about advertising, sponsoring, guest posting, asking for help, DON'T HESITATE TO ASK QUESTIONS OR RUN. 
Test your fight or flight instincts. 






Until next time. 
Sincerely, 
Kylee 

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love Elsie and A Beautiful Mess! Trusting your instincts, that is a good one. One I am good at in real life and sifting through in blogging.

Nicole Hedden said...

Agreed!

Although I am with you, about how your blog is not your friend. 1) it's your blog and 2) you never know by posting a problem or issue you are having you may help someone or someone may help you!

love your blog.

Unknown said...

Great tips, every blogger should follow these!

xo Shane

Anonymous said...

I truly wanted to write a quick

message in order to

[url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]cheap toms outlet[/url] express gratitude to you for the wonderful guides you are placing at this site.[url=http://www.tomsshoesoutlet-us.com]toms shoes outlet[/url] , My time consuming

internet lookup has at the end of

the day been honored with

excellent concept to share with

my relatives. I 'd assert that

we visitors are undoubtedly endowed to

live in a wonderful

network with so many toms outlet

lovely toms outlet

professionals with helpful concepts. I feel very happy to have encountered your web site and look forward to many more enjoyable minutes reading here.

Thanks a lot once more for a lot of things.