Sunday, August 28, 2011

*This post will be a little more personal than normal. I promise this is not an every day thing. 



Do you ever have those days when you are so overwhelmed with love for your spouse? I've been having one of those weeks. We have been praying about our living situation for a while now. The tip of the plan has started to form. In order to tell you this story correctly, I have to back-track a little. 


Jake and I have been married for almost two years. In those two years we have lived in three different rental properties. I'm graduating in a few months, so we thought it would be a good time to start saving some moolah! You know, for a real house. We redid our budget and realized that it was pretty much impossible to save any amount of money when we pay such high rent. 


This brings me to chapter 2. Josh, Jacob's brother, decided it was time that he bought a house. This was about a month and a half ago. So he moved in with us for what was supposed to be just a week or two. Well, it's now been a little longer than that, and we've all gotten "sortof" used to living with one another. 

So, what's next? >>
Josh is buying a house now, and he's letting us live in his garage. He's redoing the garage of course, with insulation and a/c and heater and all that stuff. 

Jacob and I are selling most of our belongings to move into our little garage...well apartment. We are going to be saving so much money, it will be great. 


Does that mean that I don't have any worries? >> Haha! I have been worried about this for weeks now. But in that worry there is a serene calm as well. There's that comfort that only comes from God saying this is what we're supposed to be doing according to his plan for us. 

The main point I'm getting to is that when your hubby has some crazy idea for you to move into his brother's garage--- you pray and you listen. 


I have heard mostly negative responses to what we're doing. So, I'm asking you, blogosphere, do you have any GOOD experiences with living with your family members? I don't want any more negative ones, that won't help anything. 

I would love to know.... 


Sincerely, 
Kylee 

No comments: