Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thirsty Thursday!-Week 4-The Hollywood









It's Thirsty Thursday again! I love this day of the week. It's Thursday for you guys, but it is actually Thirsty Thursday on Wednesday at my house. The drink is the "Hollywood". Sounds fancy huh? Here's the ingredients: 




  • 1.5 oz of vodka
  • 1 oz of raspberry liquor (Sidebar: I used raspberry schnapps type liquor. The lady at the store said to buy Chambord, but we don't necessarily have that money at the moment, so I went cheap)
  • 2.5-3 oz of pineapple juice (Sidebar2: The recipes online will tell you to just add a dash of pineapple juice, but in my mind; that's a shot not a drink. So I added more. Do it to your preference.)
I rate the drinks on a scale of 1-5.
1= terrible
2= bad
3= okay
4= good
5= awesome

We judge them on five categories: appearance, overall taste, consistency, amount of alcohol, and frequency (meaning would you buy a second round at a bar). 

Meet your judges:




  • This is my best friend! 
  • She loved this drink. 
  • Her rating: 4.2
  • Recommend? "Yes, to someone that wants a free fruity alcoholic drink." 
  • Quote: "Yum... I love pineapple. 







  • My hubby!
  • This drink was not for him. 
  • His rating: 3.2 
  • Recommend? "Yes, to mothers."
  • Quote: "It's got too much alcohol for something so fruity."









  • First off, don't judge how I look. We just got back from the gym and my hair be lookin' all sorts o'crazy! And that's my funny face, not my normal one... I think. 
  • I thought this drink was "MEH..."
  • My Rating: 3.7
  • Recommend? "I really don't think I would on this one."
  • Quote: "I thought it was okay. I didn't really enjoy it all that much. So... Meh... I guess I didn't like it." 







I hope you all are like Ashley, and like this drink. Just because it wasn't for me, doesn't make it a bad drink. I don't really have that great of taste when it comes to mixed drinks. Give me cowboy koolaid anyday! ;-) 



Sincerely, 
Kylee

No comments: