Welcome to Thirsty Thursday! This week was the "Alamo Splash".
- 1.5 oz. Tequila
- 1.5 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- A dash of Sprite or lemon-lime soda
Okay here's what I learned about the ingredients:
1) Only get 100% de agave tequila, the other stuff is not as good. (It's mixed with food coloring and everclear type stuff). This information was given to me by the super helpful lady at the liquor store.
2) I really like tequila! I just had to say it.
Okay so the rating scale is on five different categories and a couple of open-ended questions. The categories are judged on a scale from 1-5. 1=terrible 2=bad 3=okay 4=good 5=awesome.
We have some new judges! Everyone, meet Brandon and Kaitlin. They are our "married couple friends" even though we knew them before they were married. :)
The average overall score: 3.65
- Her overall score: 4.2
- Quote: "Isaiight..."
- Recommend? And to what celebrity?: Yes, to a Desperate Housewife. Probably like Bethany Willace
- His overall score: 3.4
- Quote: "It's a good drink but then again I really like pineapple juice. If I could describe it in one word it would be 'easy'."
- Recommend? And to what celebrity?: Yes. To Selena Gomez.
- Her overall score: 4.6
- Quote: "Because I like grapefruit, the bitterness of the tequila is appealing."
- Recommend? And to what celebrity?: Yes, to Amy Pohler in "Parks and Recreation"
- His overall score: 3.2
- Quote: "It reminds me of Hawaii... or a shark attack."
- Recommend? And to what celbrity? Yes, to Jack Johnson.
- His overall score: 3.7
- Quote: "This drink makes me want to go swimming."
- Recommend? And to what celebrity? "Yes, to Deb Messing."
- My overall score: 4.8
- Quote: "Did I mention I LOVE tequila? This drink was fun and totally drinkable."
- Recommend? And to which celebrity? "Yes, to Taylor Swift wanting to party."
Well there you have it! I hope you guys want to make this drink too. I personally thought it was awesome.