Sunday, September 18, 2011

Allow Me to Share the Education I Pay Lots of Money For: Week 2





Finding Your Online Voice 









I'm an Advertising major/Marketing minor at the University of Central Oklahoma. I'm going to share some relevant knowledge that I receive when I  pay $$ large amounts of money $$, 
for your own personal gain. 

This is a new series I’m going to be doing. I’m taking a class on digital and content marketing. We are required to write a post a week, so I’m going to try to make it relevant to my blog. 
What I hope is to receive feedback. 
I want to hear from you if you think that I strayed off topic or made a valid but somewhat stupid point. I would also love to hear if you found any of this helpful, or irrelevant.


We are reading “The New Rules of Marketing and PR” by David Meerman Scott. You can find this book on Amazon, HERE, or you can go and check out his blog, HERE.
The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly


This book is helpful because it covers a variety of different points on marketing an PR that are not just for large corporations.




What I want to cover this week is the importance of your "online voice". Three things to remember:
1) Stay true to yourself! Seriously, if you don't talk or type the way you do in real life, eventually your true voice will prevail! :) 


2) This tip is from "Mom Blogging for Dummies" but I think it's relevant: Blog/write/share anything that is dear to you. You should enjoy whatever you speak about, so find something you love to do and write about it! 


3) Don't get caught up in stats! This book is sure to tell you about the importance of measuring your success blogging or using social media, but even the book will tell you that they are not the be all end all. There are many different stat tools out there, so don't get overwhelmed. Find a measurement style that works for YOUR goals, not everyone else's goals. And if you follow tip 2, then the readers/followers will come to you. 




That's all I got! I hope everyone had a good weekend! 
Sincerely,
Kylee 

No comments: