Thursday, October 6, 2011

I once was a pageant girl...



Once upon a time, I was in a couple of pageants. 
One at my local high school-- I was Miss Mooreland. 
Or in other words, Miss Some Small Town in Oklahoma. 

I was in another one after that-- I was in the top 5. 
The top three got large scholarships to go to the NW university. 
I'm soo glad I was not in the top three. 

If I had, I would have not met my husband. 

But, here is the truth about how I feel about pageants:
I was NOT a good pageant girl. I was not a great role model. And I think that it may have made my mom crazy (not long-term, just for a short while). And let's be honest, it made me crazy too! 

I was all "oh, I'm so cool. Look at my dress that was stupid expensive, and the makeup that I bought just for this!"

Now, I look back and feel a little ashamed of myself about how I acted. 

But at the same time, that was such a growing experience for me. I'm glad that it happened, and still ashamed about how I received that blessing. 

 "Be not wise in your own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to your navel, and marrow to your bones. Honor the LORD with your substance, and with the firstfruits of all your increase: so shall your barns be filled with plenty, and your presses will burst out with new wine."
Proverbs 3:7-10


No comments: